Monday, May 19, 2008

I like to eat

I like to eat. A lot.

My preference is to eat until I'm full, then continually top off for the next couple of hours while hanging out with friends and family. You know, like at thanksgiving time.

That eating style, along with being busy as a student and working full time (no time to excercise) left me at 240 pounds at the end of Christmas break in December 2007.

Recognizing that 240 pounds is too much for a 6 foot 3 inch guy, I looked around to see what I should be weighing, in order to be healthy. I know there are a lot of ways to calculate what's healthy, I ended up deciding to target a healthy Body Mass Index (BMI).

Using the handy calculator at http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/, I found that I need to be below 200 pounds!

New Years being what it is, I decided to try to lose 40 pounds by next new years. That is:

  • I will weight 200 pounds by December 31, 2008
As a non-specific sub goal, I'd like to be more active and live a more healthy lifestyle. Don't get me wrong, there's little I enjoy more than a good solid meal at a churrascaria, but I don't want to be obese anymore.

Later this week I will outline my weight loss plan, and how it relates to finances.

No comments: